As a non-profit organisation operated by volunteers, the AESA relies heavily on the support of the community and its members.
From time-to-time the AESA will have a need for volunteers with specific skillsets, these volunteering opportunities can be found here.
Otherwise, you can use the general contact form at the bottom of the page at any time if you have a great idea or would like to express your interest in supporting the AESA.
- Esports non-profit peak-body association
- Help shape the direction of esports in Australia
- Work closely with government and industry
About the AESA
The Australian Esports Association (AESA) was incorporated and formally established as a non-profit association in April 2013. It is a national body that is actively involved in the development of policy, planning, infrastructure and initiatives for esports in Australia.
Our vision is for esports to be formally recognised in Australia as a competitive sport; a key milestone in formal accreditation, credibility and respect for esports in Australia. The AESA is working closely with key stakeholders and advisory groups towards achieving this.
The aim of the AESA is to lead a collaborative industry wide movement for the growth of esports through advocacy, representation, promotion, regulation and engagement of esports in Australia.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join the board of the AESA, and contribute to driving the growth and agenda of the AESA in the community. We are seeking somebody who can contribute meaningfully to the advancement of the AESA, being an expert in their field, and with a genuine interest in esports in Australia.
An ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has a genuine interest in esports
- Shares and is keen to drive the vision of the AESA
- Able to get hands on, and participate in driving AESA activities
Our current board is comprised of a diverse range of skills including industry professionals as well as independents. We would love to hear from candidates with any combination of the following experience:
- Non-profit or FP Non-Exec board experience
- Previous professional sports or sports governance experience
- Esports industry experience
- Policy and advocacy development
- Fundraising experience
As a board member, you will be expected to:
- Attend board meetings and important related meetings (as reasonable)
- Actively participate in committee work and planning
- Contribute to board assignments and projects
- Remain abreast of developments in the esports industry and develop an understanding of issues affecting players, public perception and governance
- Participate and promote AESA activities and events
The board meet every two months and is responsible for the oversight of the AESA’s activities, as well as driving the growth and agenda of the AESA in the community.
The AESA is a small, nimble organisation that relies heavily on volunteerism and the commitment of its board to drive its initiatives and programs. Typically, board members will contribute 2-4 hours per month at a minimum.
How to apply
To apply please email your resume, cover letter optional, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: N/A